Nowadays with imperceptible orthodontic treatment using new techniques and materials, it is possible to get rid of metal staples and wires that do not look particularly aesthetic. Braces and wires available today can be matched to the color of the teeth. In addition, with lingual orthodontics, braces can be attached to the inside of the teeth, in which case they are almost invisible.
Options for orthodontic treatment
- Non-removable orthodontic prosthesis: consists of a wire that goes through fasteners made either from metal or from a more aesthetic material - ceramics.
- Removable orthodontic prosthesis: used in less complex cases than non-removable. You can take it off for a while.
- Jaw Orthopedics: an industry that deals with broken ratios of the upper and lower jaws using extraorall technique. Orthodontics and orthopedics go hand in hand not only with the restoration of teeth, but also with a violation of the ratio of jaws.
- Orthodontic surgery: in the case where the problem can not be corrected with orthopedics and orthodontics, resort to orthodontic surgery. Deformities of the face and jaw, congenital or acquired during accidents, as well as other functional and aesthetic problems that arise as a result of jaw incompatibility, can be solved by high-tech surgical methods.
- Invisalign: Some less complicated cases can now be corrected without using brackets and wires, using transparent sleeves, which need to be worn for up to 20 hours a day. The treatment requires about 60 pairs of these transparent sleeves for each jaw. The time of treatment depends on the complexity of the situation, and ranges from 6 to 24 months.
Displacement of teeth during orthodontic treatment
Using a wire, a spring or a rubber band, a certain force acts on the tooth, due to which the tooth moves in the direction of the force.
After the mobilization of the teeth, the periodontal tissue surrounding the tooth can not stabilize at once, for some time the bone also does not develop. For this reason, when the mechanism is removed, the teeth can return to their previous positions. To avoid such an unpleasant situation, the mechanism needs to be structured. This phase of treatment is called maintenance therapy. During this phase, it is necessary to take proper care of the teeth and follow the instructions of the orthodontist so that there is no relapse.
Recommendations during orthodontic treatment
There are several recommendations that should be followed during orthodontic treatment. Parents are required to closely monitor their children during treatment.
- Before orthodontic treatment all problem teeth should be cured, as well as the gum.
- In accordance with the diagnosis, either fixed or fixed braces should be used. As mentioned before, they should be closely monitored and cleaned regularly. This is especially important with fixed brackets - plaque formation is a very common problem. To avoid this, you must follow the rules of the hyena of the mouth.
- After the start of treatment, monthly monitoring is carried out. Therefore, the child has a great responsibility, he must be ready to follow the treatment. This is important, because pressure from parents often has a negative impact on the child.
- Follow strictly the instructions of the orthodontist.
- In the event that the braces are broken completely, or some parts of them are damaged, it is necessary to visit the doctor urgently.
- During the operation phase, the patient should use braces as described.
- To hygiene the oral cavity it is necessary to use floss, toothbrushes, special orthodontic toothbrushes, as well as rinsing the mouth.
- Solid products need to be cut with a knife, not biting off.
- Crispy desserts can break or displace braces, so they should not be eaten during treatment.
Braces and wire are used to correct the bite, or to adjust the placement of teeth. But today, in some cases, instead of traditional orthodontics, we can use invisible braces. The patented system works with multiple, transparent and removable bracket systems. Treatment with invisible braces will consist of a series of equalizers, which must be changed every two weeks. All the equalizers are individually manufactured with the help of accurate calculations to gradually align your teeth. And since the individual invisible system will be made to order only for your teeth and developed by you and your orthodontist, you know that in the end you will get a smile that really goes to you . The advantage of this system is that it has a more aesthetic appearance than traditional fixed brackets. In addition, due to the fact that they are removable, - it will be easier to brush your teeth after eating. They also do not irritate the gums, cheeks and tongue and are hypoallergenic.
As soon as the doctor assesses your situation and decides whether it is possible to install invisible braces, according to your wishes, a treatment plan will be drawn up. Then the casts and snapshots of your teeth will be given for digitization.
Digitization of the casts is done so that the doctor can work with the 3D model of your teeth. Then your doctor will plan the movements of the teeth throughout the treatment. You will be able to see a virtual presentation of your teeth before, during and after the healing process with invisible braces. This will allow you to see how your smile will look after the end of treatment. Depending on the orthodontist's plan, with the help of the latest technologies, individual equalizers are created for wearing at each stage of treatment. Although the number of equalizers varies for each particular situation, the complete set for treatment usually includes 25-30 equalizers for one jaw.
Equalizers should be worn at all times, except for eating and drinking, in order to complete the treatment within the time frame indicated by the doctor. You will need to come to inspections to monitor progress and receive your new set of equalizers. During the entire treatment process, you will be able to observe how your teeth gradually fall into place. Little by little, your smile will turn into the one you dreamed of. Surrounding people will surely note your newfound self-confidence.
Every two weeks, the equalizer is replaced by a new one. Your teeth will move to the desired position and the treatment will last until the main goal is achieved. Every 6 weeks you will need to visit a doctor to check the treatment. A typical treatment with invisible braces usually lasts from 9 to 15 months. Of course, the duration varies from case to case.